(1) Register plate to stove-pipe joints often have gaps, through which the debris from the chimney void above can drop onto the stove. If you don’t like the smell of smoky soot debris, or fire-risk… you may be tempted to fit a debris-collar.
(2) Debris collars are mechanically tightened onto the flue-pipe so as they cannot move when in position. This provides support for the register plate, which may become distorted over time.
(3) When sweeping, the brush often grips the inside of the flue pipe. This can transmit an upward movement of the brush, which can force the flue pipe out of the fire clay joint between the flue pipe and the collar gland on the stove top. A debris collar will help prevent this.
(4) Lastly, when looking at or thinking about your stove installation, you may be troubled by the thought of an installation that could be so much better with a debris collar. For most installations, where there is room around the flue pipe, retro-fitting is very easy.
Skyline Debris Collars:
I make the bodies from 1.0 mm thick stainless steel. They are strong, flexible, and resistant to both rust and flue-void debris chemicals.
They are fixed in position with ’M6 Posidrive pan-headed machine set screws’. This enables very easy fitting with a household tool, which will not slip out of drive when tightening. The female thread is a ‘M6 Rivnut’, which is by definition fixed in position, thus obviating the need for any other (left hand) tools. Intentionally, it’s easy to screw a bolt into a nut.
The anchor brackets are attached to the debris collar bodies via 4.0mm captive head pop rivets. This enables all the parts of the debris collar to move, and align into the correct geometric position as it tightens – nice. Because the rivets retain their heads and stems, they are designed to be both strong and let no debris through.
|Nominal stove pipe size (flexible range)||Price each including VAT & delivery £s|
|4″ diameter||Not yet available|
|5″ diameter (120mm to 135mm)||17-95|
|6″ diameter (145mm to 160mm)||19-95|
|7″ diameter||Not yet available|
|8″ diameter||Not yet available|
Call us on: 01886 822257 or 07580 958346
and arrange dispatch for your Debris Collar needs…
- Can be fitted to an assembled flue system
- Grips flue pipe to seal hole in register plate
- Grips flue pipe and supports register plate
- As the assembly tightens, the joints hinge
- Easy to re-fit the threads in nut and bolt
- Pan head posi-drive screws for simplicity
- The nominal size is flexible to cover a range
- Made from stainless steel to avoid corrosion
- Assemble nut and bolt at front, and then rotate to the back for tightening
- Push debris collar up to the register plate with your finger tips as you tighten
- Be careful not to overtighten the bolt, use a hand (not power) screwdriver
Some trade customers fit these debris collars in all appropriate installations. They also retail to their own local customers for retro-fitting where needed. If you purchase more than 25 off these items, in a single order, I can discuss trade terms with you…